HowsThe is an online tool to continuously monitor the performance of your website, sending you either an email and/or a text message the minute there’s something wrong with your site. This is good news for anyone involved in running a website, but it’s particularly important for businesses who absolutely rely on their websites to run smoothly. If you own an e-commerce business, for example, the last thing you want is to lose sales based on some technical glitch. And of course, if you’re a freelancer, you want to make sure your clients can access your marketing site at any time of the day. HowsThe is the perfect solution to the annoying technical problems that have the potential to cost you either sales or clients.
Depending on which plan you sign up for, HowsThe will check your site every 5, 10, 15, 30, or 60 minutes. HowsThe can monitor web services as well as websites. It can send messages to multiple emails and phone numbers (probably one of its best features) and it can also check multiple websites. Unfortunately, this is limited to the type of account you’ve signed up for. All in all, HowsThe is a pretty good app for anyone with a website—but it’s an excellent app for those who rely on their website to conduct business.
- Ensure that your business isn’t losing vital sales
- Keep your freelance photography site running smoothly
- Be certain your blog is available to your readers 24/7
- Set up SMS/text message notification for the fastest response
- Search for a keyword or phrase on the website to prevent false positives
- Set the wait period for the next notification to limit unnecessary emails
What we liked:
- Fast, easy way to monitor your website
- Multiple notification options
What we didn’t like:
- Limit of 3 site monitors at the present time